Compliance & Safety
Today we are experiencing a renaissance in the hemp industry. Growing worldwide support for hemp-derived products is growing and laws and support from regulating bodies is moving forward in a way that many have dreamed of for decades. While this forward progress is encouraging, the landscape surrounding hemp products can be confusing even for those deeply involved.
At American Freedom LTD it is our top priority to continue to monitor the hemp industry landscape, best practices, federal law, state law, and rules imposed by regulating bodies. Our goal is to ensure that our products, company, and educational resources are accurate, safe, and in compliance with the current legal landscape.
We Are Committed to Hemp Industry Compliance
In December of 2018, President Trump signed into law the 2018 Farm Bill. In this bill, hemp was removed from the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) of 1970 through separate definition from THC-rich marijuana. Specifically, the bill defines now legal hemp as: "all parts of the plant less than 0.3% THC, including “derivatives,” “extracts” and “cannabinoids”.
- The hemp that is used to create the products we sell at American Freedom LTD is grown under an industrial hemp license and in compliance with the 2018 Farm Bill. As a result, the products we sell on our website are federally legal. industrial hemp registration documentation here.
- The 2018 Farm Bill gave states and tribal governments the power to regulate the production and sale of hemp products within their borders. We are continuing to monitor and adhere to state-level laws.
- We continue to monitor the FDA and USDA regulations on the hemp industry and comply with all regulations set forth.
For more information, please see the summary of the changes implemented by the 2018 Farm Bill compiled by the US Hemp Roundtable here.
Our Safety & Transparency Practices
In addition to ongoing legal compliance, we work hard to ensure that we are providing safe products to you, the end consumer. This is accomplished through seeking only the highest quality hemp-derived products and by providing transparency around our company practices, manufacturing, and product contents. Specifically, we are committed to safety & transparency by:
- Producing our products in a facility that is Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Compliant and fully licensed and registered with the Colorado Department of Agriculture.
- Utilizing organically grown, non-GMO, pesticide-free, hemp.
- Being certified by the CDPHE (Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment) as a producer of 0.0% THC products and publicly providing our Certificate of Health and Free Sale.
- Licensed to operate as a manufactured food establishment by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.